Arnab Goswami Biography
Arnab Ranjan Goswami is a Indian broadcaster, TV news anchor, and the Editor-in-Chief of Republic TV from India. He’s the head of the News Broadcasting Association, as well. The Debate With Arnab Goswami, The Newshour, Frankly Speaking with Arnab, and the Nation Wants To Know are some of his famous efforts. In the year 1995, he began his profession as a journalist. He is well-known for his combative reporting style.
How old is Arnab Goswami ? – Age
Where did Arnab Goswami go to school? – Education
As his dad was an Army soldier, Arnab Goswami attended numerous schools throughout India. Arnab attended St. Mary’s School in Delhi Cantonment and Kendriya Vidyalaya in Jabalpur Cantonment for his secondary and senior secondary education. From Hindu College, University of Delhi, he earned a B.A. (Hons.) in Sociology. He traveled to England in 1994 to finish his Master’s in Social Anthropology at Oxford University’s St. Antony’s College. Arnab attended Oxford University as a Felix scholar. Arnab married his college sweetheart, Samyabrata Ray Goswami, after returning from Oxford, and they had a kid together.
Arnab Goswami Wife – Family
He was born to Suprabha Gain-Goswami and Manoranjan. Arnab’s dad was a member of the Indian Army before joining the Bhartiya Janata Party, whereas his mom is a writer. Siddhartha Bhattacharya who happens to be Goswami’s maternal uncle, is the current Member of Parliament for Gauhati East. Arnab’s paternal grandpa, Rajani Kanta Goswami, seems to have been a lawyer, and his maternal grandfather, Gaurisankar Bhattacharyya, was a lawmaker (CPI) who functioned as the opposition leader in Assam for several years. He also served as the leader of the BJP’s Assam section.
What is Goswami Salary?
He receives as salary of 1 crore rupees per month.
Goswami Net Worth
His net worth is predicted to be $34 million.
Arnab worked as a Visiting DC Pavate Fellow at the Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, in International Studies Department in the year 2000.
He began his broadcasting career in Kolkata with The Telegraph, before moving to Delhi and joining NDTV a year later. He hosted NDTV’s ‘News Hour’ as well as DD Metro’s ‘News Tonight.’ For ‘Newsnight,’ he earned the Asian Television Awards for Best News Anchor of Asia in 2004.
He quit NDTV to become the editor-in-chief of Times Now news channel in 2006. Harris owned a program by the name Frankly Speaking with Arnab on Times Now, in which he interviewed notable figures such as Benazir Bhutto, Hamid Karzai, the Dalai Lama, Hillary Clinton, and Narendra Modi. Goswami departed Times Now on November 1, 2016, claiming editorial disagreements, a lack of professional freedom, and staff politics as reasons for his departure. Arnab launched Republic TV on May 6, 2017, using Asianet funding. Rajeev Chandrashekhar, a former independent member of the Rajya Sabha with BJP ties as well as vice-chairman of the National Democratic Alliance in Kerala, was the primary funder of Asianet. Following his official joining of the BJP, he stepped down as Asianet’s director. For the 100th week in a row, Republic TV has been India’s most-watched English news channel since its launch. He resigned from Editors Guild of India on live TV on 20th April 2020, citing many reasons and criticizing the guild’s president, Shekhar Gupta.
- Goswami and Republic TV in the Delhi High Court were sued by Shashi Tharoor sue for defamation. Arnab linked Shahi Tharoor to his wife Sunanda Pushkar’s death in 2014 between May 8-13, according to Shahi Tharoor.
- Goswami was widely chastised on social media on August 25, 2018, when a 30-second video clip of him saying “most despicable group of Indians I have ever seen” discussing the blockade of international aid headed for Kerala’s flood-ravaged state went viral. Later, it was stated that his remarks were directed at Leftists and others propagating false information about the UAE’s 700 crore humanitarian aid, not at Keralites.
- The News Broadcasting Standards Authority of India (NBSA) sought a full-screen apology from Republic TV for using offensive terms to describe a group of persons at a political event on 30th August 2018.
The Republic TV withdrew the video out of its website and YouTube account following the complaint, yet did not apologize but instead filed an appeal.
- The NBSA demanded that Republic TV apologize for Goswami’s race and religious stereotype statements in October 2019. Rather than apologize, the channel stated that the NBSA is engaged in “intensive pseudo-judicial scrutiny.” It’s worth mentioning that Goswami was the committee’s convener when this code was drafted a year ago.
- Arnab Goswami was detained on 4th November 2020, in connection with the 2018 case of allegation of suicide. Mumbai Police have charged him under sections 306 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code. Anvay Naik, an interior designer, and his mom Kumud Naik were discovered dead at their Alibaug villa in 2018. In his suicide letter, Naik claimed that non-payment of dues by three people, including Republic TV’s Chief Arnab Goswami, was the reason for his death. Arnab Goswami was granted interim release by the Supreme Court of India on November 11, 2020.
- Advocate Prashant Bhushan published screenshots of allegedly leaked WhatsApp chats involving Arnab Goswami and Partho Dasgupta, the former CEO of BARC on 15th January 2021.
- Arnab Goswami received the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in 2008.
- In 2012, Arnab Goswami was named ENBA Editor-in-Chief of the Year for News Television.
- Arnab was unanimously elected President of the News Broadcasting Federation on December 8, 2019. The federation is made up of 78 channels that attempted to supplant NBSA.
- He anchored the show for 65 hours on the 26th anniversary of the Mumbai terror attacks, as well as live anchoring for 26 hours during the October 2008 Trust vote.
Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge is also written by Arnab Goswami. Arnab is a role model for many journalists who aspire to be fearless. He is a well-known figure among English news viewers. The persistence and fearlessness with which Arnab raises issues is something that can be learned from him.