Cate Blanchett Biography
Cate Blanchett is an Oscar-winning actress and theatrical director best recognized for her portrayals as Elizabeth I of England in “Elizabeth” and Katharine Hepburn in “The Aviator.” Blanchett has a lengthy history in the theatre, winning four Helpmann Awards for “Best Female Actor in a Play.” While in college, she developed an interest in acting but was set off by the possibility of pursuing it professionally.
She is the only actress to be nominated for an Academy Award for playing the same character in two films (she played Elizabeth I in both ‘Elizabeth’ and ‘Elizabeth: The Golden Age’). She is also the only Australian actress to win two Academy Awards. Blanchett has acted in more than 70 films and 20 stage performances.
How old is Cate Blanchett? – Age
She was born on 14 May 1969 in Victoria, Australia. She turned 62 years in 2021.
Where did Cate Blanchett go to school? – Education
Before enrolling at Methodist Ladies’ College, Blanchett attended Ivanhoe East Primary School and Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School. She then dropped out of the University of Melbourne after a year. Blanchett worked at a nursing facility in her late teens and early twenties. She joined the University of Melbourne to study economics but quickly dropped out to pursue a career in acting. She then traveled to another country to take acting training before landing her first acting role. Within a few years, she had successfully established herself not just in her home country, but also on a global scale. She later went on to the National Institute of Dramatic Art, where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1992.
After graduating from NIDA, she appeared in the Sydney Theatre Company’s production of Caryl Churchill’s “Top Girls,” then starred as Felice Bauer, the bride, in Tim Daly’s “Kafka Dances,” winning the Sydney Theatre Critics Circle’s 1993 Newcomer Award for her performance.
Cate Blanchett – Family
Her mom, June worked as a teacher and real estate developer, while her dad, Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr. served in the US Navy before becoming an advertising executive. Her younger sister is a stage designer, and her older brother is a computer systems engineer.
Her 40-year-old father died of a sudden heart attack when she was ten years. Her mother did not remarry, and her grandma moved in with her to assist her mother.
Andrew Upton, a playwright, and screenwriter is her caring husband. They first met on the set of a TV show in 1996 and married on 29 December 1997. Blanchett and Upton have three sons and a daughter-in-law. Cate Blanchett revealed that she and her husband have wanted to adopt since their first kid was born.
Edith Vivian Patricia Upton, Dashiell John Upton, Roman Robert Upton, and Ignatius Martin Upton are Cate Blanchett’s four children, three sons, and an adoptive girl.
What is Blanchett Salary?
Her earnings are predicted to be $10 million.
Cate Blanchett Net Worth
She receives an estimated net worth of $95 million.
Cate Blanchett Career
- (1996) Parklands as Rosie
- (1997) Paradise Road as Susan Macarthy
- Thank God He Met Lizzie as Lizzie (1997)
- Oscar and Lucinda as Lucinda Leplastrier (1997)
- Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth I (1998)
- An Ideal Husband as Lady Gertrude Chiltern (1999)
- Bangers as Julie-Anne (1999)
- Pushing Tin as Connie Falzone (1999)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley as Meredith Logue (1999)
- The Gift as Annabelle “Annie” Wilson (2000)
- The Man Who Cried as Lola (2000)
- 2001: The Shipping News as Petal Quoyle (2001)
- Charlotte Gray as Charlotte Gray (2001)
- Bandits as Kate Wheeler (2001)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring as Galadriel (2001)
- Heaven as Philippa (2002)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers as Galadriel (2002)
- Veronica Guerin as Veronica Guerin (2003)
- The Missing as Magdalena “Maggie” Gilkeson (2002)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King as Galadriel (2003)
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou as Jane Winslett-Richardson (2004)
- The Aviator as Katharine Hepburn (2004)
- Little Fish as Tracy Heart (2005)
- Babel as Susan Jones (2006)
- The Good German as Lena Brandt (2006)
- Notes on a Scandal as Sheba Hart (2006)
- Hot Fuzz as Janine (2007)
- Elizabeth: The Golden Age as Queen Elizabeth I (2007)
- I’m Not There as Jude Quinn (Bob Dylan) 2007
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as Irina Spalko (2008)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button as Daisy Fuller (2008)
- 2009: Ponyo as Granmamare (2009)
- Robin Hood as Lady Marian (2010)
- Hanna as Marissa Wiegler (2011)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey as Galadriel (2012)
- Girl Rising as Narrator (2013)
- Blue Jasmine as Jasmine French (2013)
- The Turning as Gail Lang (2013)
- The Galapagos Affair as Dore Strauch (2013)
- Journey to the South Pacific as Narrator (2013)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug as Galadriel (2013)
- The Monuments Men as Claire Simone (2014)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 as Valka (2014)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies as Galadriel (2014)
- Knight of Cups as Nancy (2015)
- Cinderella as Lady Tremaine (2015)
- Carol as Carol Aird (2015)
- Truth as Mary Mapes (2015)
- Manifesto (2015)
- Voyage of Time as Narrator (2016)
- Song to Song as Amanda (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok as Hela (2017)
- Police Rescue as Mrs. Haines (1993)
- Heartland as Elizabeth Ashton (1994)
- Bordertown as Bianca (1995)
- Family Guy as Penelope (2012)
- Family Guy as Queen Elizabeth (2012)
- Rake as Clarice Greene (2014)
Cate Blanchett Theatre
- Electra as Electra (1992)
- Top Girls as Patient Griselda/Nell/Jeanine (1992)
- Kafka Dances as Bride/Felice (1993)
- Oleanna as Carol (1993)
- Hamlet as Ophelia (1994)
- Sweet Phoebe as Helen (1995)
- The Tempest as Miranda (1995)
- The Blind Giant is Dancing as Rose Draper (1995)
- The Seagull as Nina (1997)
- Plenty as Susan Traherne (1999)
- The Vagina Monologues (1999)
- Hedda Gabler as Hedda Gabler (2004)
- A Kind of Alaska as Sydney Theatre Company (2006)
- Blackbird as Sydney Theatre Company (2007)
- The War of the Roses as Richard II/Lady Anne (2009)
- A Streetcar Named Desire as Blanche DuBois (2009)
- Uncle Vanya as Yelena (2011)
- Gross und Klein as Lotte (2011)
- The Maids as Claire (2013)
- The Present as Anna Petrovna (2015)