Don Johnson Biography
Don Johnson, whose real name is Donnie Wayne Johnson, is an American actor, director, producer, songwriter, and singer. Don is best known for his portrayal as James “Sonny” Crockett in the 1980s television series Miami Vice. He was as well selected for a Golden Globe for his performance.
Johnson also played a lead role in the film Nash Bridges. Johnson is one of the numerous Hollywood actors with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, thanks to his many years in the industry.
How old is Don Johnson? – Age
He was born on 15 December 1949 in Flat Creek, Missouri, United States of America. He is 73 years as of 2022.
Where did Don Johnson go to school? – Education
He attended Wichita South High School and was a member of the drama department. He portrayed Tony in West Side Story as a senior in high school. Burnt Cork & Melody and The Hullabaloo were among his past credits, according to his profile. He enrolled in the University of Kansas as a theater major after graduating from high school in 1967, but left after a year. He then went to the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, California, to study acting.
Don Johnson – Family
Donnie Wayne Johnson was born to Fredie Wayne Johnson (1930–2017), a farmer, and his mother, a beautician, in 1933. Johnson had a 17-year-old mother and a 19-year-old father at the time of his birth. Johnson grew up in Wichita, Kansas, where his parents moved when he was six years old.
Don Johnson Wifes (Spouses)
Don has had five spouses during the course of his life. In 1968 and 1973, he married unnamed ladies. Within days of their beginnings, the marriages were annulled.
Don Johnson Melanie Griffith and children
Melanie Griffith, an actress from the United States, was Johnson’s third wife. Melanie is Don’s co-star on Harrad Experiment, Tippi Hedren’s daughter, and they met when she was 14 years old. Within a year, they moved in together (when she was 15 years of age). The couple became engaged on her 18th birthday, and married in 1976. They divorced in November after separating in July of the same year. They reconciled in the late 1980s, and in early 1989, Dakota Johnson was born. They married again in the same years before divorcing in 1996.
Kelley Phleger, Johnson’s current wife, was his fifth marriage in 1999. Phleger was a San Francisco socialite and a nursery school teacher when they met. They have three children, two sons and a daughter, since then.
Don Johnson’s children
Don has five children. Jesse Wayne is the first Johnson (born on 7th December, 1982). Patti D’Arbanville, who dated the Miami Vice actor from 1981 until 1985, is his mother.
Don Johnson Height
He is 1.8 m tall.
What is Don’s Salary?
He earns an estimated salary of $150,000 per episode.
Don Net Worth
He receives a predicted net worth of $50 million.
Don Johnson Career
Johnson made his acting debut in the late 1960s, with his first major role in Fortune and Men’s Eyes, a 1969 Los Angeles stage production in which he played the lead. He continued to work on theater plays before moving on to television and film production. His acting credits include Zachariah (1971), The Harrad Experiment, and A Boy and His Dog (1975).
Johnson Miami Vice
Don debuted as Detective James “Sonny” Crockett on the television series Miami Vice in 1984.
Don had to drive a Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona, dress in high-end Versace and Hugo Boss outfits over pastel cotton T-shirts, and live aboard a 12-metre (40 ft) (later a 42-foot [13 m]) Endeavour yacht with his pet alligator, Elvis. Until 1989, he was a part of the show.
He also appeared opposite Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, Jeff Perry, Cheech Marin, Jaime P. Gomez, and James Gammon in Nash Bridges, a television police drama that aired from 1996 to 2001. Other roles include a lawyer on Just Legal, Nathan Detroit on Guys and Dolls, Lange Flate Baller 2, and co-hosting WWE RAW with Jon Heder in January 2010.
Don Johnson Films/Movies and Television Shows
Johnson has also appeared in the following films and television shows during his acting career: (Note: the following list does not include all the roles Johnson has played)
- 1970 – The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart as Stanley Sweetheart
- 1971 – Zachariah as Matthew
- 1973 – The Harrad Experiment as Stanley Cole
- 1974 – Lollipops, Roses and Talangka as Franky
- 1975 – A Boy and His Dog as Vic
- 1981 – Swan Lake as Benno (voice)
- 1982 – Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp as Wazir’s Son (voice)
- 1985 – Cease Fire as Tim Murphy
- 1987 – G.I. Joe: The Movie as Lieutenant Vincent R. Falcone/Lt. Falcon (voice)
- 1988 – Sweet Hearts Dance as Wiley Boon
- 1988; 2015 – Saturday Night Live as Himself
- 1989 – Dead Bang as Jerry Beck
- 1990 – The Hot Spot as Harry Madox
- 1991 – Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man Robert Anderson/The Marlboro Man
- 1993 – Guilty as Sin as David Edgar Greenhill
- 1993 – Born Yesterday as Paul Verrall
- 1996 – Tin Cup as David Simms
- 1998 – Goodbye Lover as Ben Dunmore
- 2005–2006 – Just Legal as Grant H. Cooper
- 2007 – Moondance Alexander as Dante Longpre
- 2008 – Long Flat Balls II as Admiral Burnett
- 2010 – Machete as Lt. Von Jackson
- 2010 – When in Rome as Mr. Martin
- 2011 – Four Loko Vineyards as Mr. Four Loko
- 2012 – Django Unchained as Spencer “Big Daddy” Bennett
- 2014 – Cold in July as Jim Bob Luke
- 2014–2015 – From Dusk till Dawn: The Series as Sheriff Earl McGraw
- 2015 – Alex of Venice as Roger
- 2015 – Blood & Oil as Hap Briggs
- 2017 – Vengeance: A Love Story as Jay Kirkpatrick
- 2018 – Dragged Across Concrete as Lt. G. Calvert
- 2018 – Daddy Issues as Roman
- 2018 – Book Club as Arthur
- 2019 – Knives Out as Richard Drysdale
- 2019 – Watchmen as Chief Judd Crawford
- 2019 – Vault as Gerry
- 2020 – Still Here