John MacArthur Biography
John MacArthur (also called; John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.) is an American Reformed Baptist pastor and author best known for his widely syndicated Christian teaching radio and television program Grace to You. Since February 9, 1969, he has served as the pastor of the non-denominational Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California. The Master’s University in Santa Clarita and The Master’s Seminary both currently have him as chancellor emeritus.
Known as one of the most important preachers of his day, MacArthur is a fervent supporter of expository preaching. Christianity Today has recognized him as such.
More than 150 books that MacArthur has authored or edited have sold more than a million copies and won a Gold Medallion Book Award. The MacArthur Study Bible is perhaps its most well-known work.
How old is John MacArthur? – Age
Where did John MacArthur go to school? – Education
He was accepted to Los Angeles Pacific College of the Free Methodist Church in 1960 after taking a year off. During his senior year there, he watched two football games and participated in one play. He received a Masters of Divinity degree with honors from the new Talbot Theological Seminary of the Bible Institute of Los Angeles in La Mirada, California, in 1963.
Additionally, MacArthur received honoraria from Grace Graduate School (Doctor of Divinity, 1976) and Talbot Theological Seminary (1977).
John MacArthur – Family
MacArthur was born in Los Angeles. He was the grandson of Canadian Anglican minister Harry MacArthur (who passed away in 1950) and the son of Baptist radio preacher Jack MacArthur (who was born in Calgary, Canada), and Irene Dockendorf. General Douglas MacArthur of the US Army, he claims, is his fifth cousin. From 1957 to 1959, MacArthur enrolled at the fundamentalist Bob Jones College, following in his father’s footsteps.
John MacArthur’s Wife
Patricia is the spouse of MacArthur. As of 2017, they had two great-grandsons and four children. They also had fifteen grandchildren.
His three residences, two of which are in California and one in Colorado, are worth more than $2 million in total.
John MacArthur Net Worth
His net worth is predicted to be more than $15 million.
John MacArthur Career
MacArthur’s father signed him up for the Voice of Calvary singing group while he was a student at Bob Jones University in South Carolina; the group frequently sang on Christian radio in Southern California. In Burbank, California, where his father Jack had built and named the Harry MacArthur Memorial Bible Church after his own father, MacArthur served as associate pastor there from 1964 to 1966 under the direction of his father. MacArthur was employed by Talbot Theological Seminary from 1966 to 1969 as the faculty spokesperson. At the nondenominational Grace Community Church of Sun Valley, California, he was appointed as the third and youngest pastor on 9 February 1969.
The Grace media team developed MacArthur’s daily radio and television program, Grace to You, with the goal of promoting sermon audio cassettes. It debuted in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1977 and is currently broadcast in much of the world. In 1985, MacArthur was appointed president of Los Angeles Baptist College, a four-year institution of higher learning that is today known as The Master’s University. He became the new Master’s Seminary’s president in 1986.
On 5 June 2011, over 43 years after first entering the pulpit of Grace Community, MacArthur achieved one of his own life objectives: preaching through the entirety of the New Testament without including the final verses of Mark.
John MacArthur Sermons.
All his sermons are found in his YouTube account Grace to You.
John MacArthur Books
MacArthur has published more than 150 copies. These are some of the books that MacArthur has written:
- None Other: Discovering the God of the Bible (2017)
- Right Thinking in a Church Gone Astray: Finding Our Way Back to Biblical Truth (2017)
- The Gospel According to Paul: Embracing the Good News at the Heart of Paul’s Teachings (2017)
- Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth (2017)
- Parables (2015)
- One Perfect Life: The Complete Story of the Lord Jesus by John F. MacArthur (March 4, 2013)
- Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship (2013)
- Anxious for Nothing: God’s Cure for the Cares of Your Soul (John Macarthur Study) by MacArthur, Jr., John (February 1, 2012)
- Worship: The Ultimate Priority (2012)
- Saved Without A Doubt: Being Sure of Your Salvation (John MacArthur Study) by MacArthur, Jr., John (January 1, 2010)
- Fundamentals of the Faith: 13 Lessons to Grow in the Grace and Knowledge of Jesus Christ by John MacArthur (February 24, 2009)
- The Jesus You Can’t Ignore: What You Must Learn from the Bold Confrontations of Christ (2009)
- Twelve Extraordinary Women: God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You by John F. MacArthur (October 5, 2008)
- Twelve Ordinary Men: How the Master Shaped His Disciples for Greatness, and What He Wants to Do with You by John F. MacArthur (May 8, 2006)
- Fool’s Gold?: Discerning Truth in an Age of Error (2005)
- Think Biblically!: Recovering a Christian Worldview (2003)
- Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child by John F. MacArthur (July 8, 2003)
- Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World (2001)
- Our Sufficiency in Christ (1998)
- Charismatic Chaos (1993)
- Gospel According to Jesus (1989)
- The Charismatics: A Doctrinal Perspective Hardback (1978)
- The Charismatic Softback (1978)
John MacArthur’s Twitter and YouTube accounts
- His Twitter account is (@johnmacarthur).
His YouTube account is Grace to You.