Sarah Wayne Callies Biography
Sarah Wayne Callies is an American actress best known for her appearances as Lori Grimes in the television series “The Walking Dead” and as Dr. Sara Tancredi in the television series “Prison Break.” In addition, she played Katie Bowman in USA Network’s “Colony” and Robin Perry in NBC’s “Council of Dads.”
How old is Sarah Wayne Callies? – Age
She was born on 1 June 1977 in La Grange, Illinois, United States. She is 45 years as of 2022.
Where did Sarah Wayne Callies go to school? – Education
Callies was involved in school plays while attending the independent Punahou School, where she had a passion for performing since she was a child. Sarah was still interested in theatre during her time at Dartmouth College, where she studied and later entered the National Theatre Conservatory for a Master of Fine Arts degree, which she received in 2002.
Sarah Wayne Callies – Family
Valerie Wayne Callies and David L. Callies are Callies’ parents. Her parents were both University of Hawaii at Manoa professors. Her ancestors include Germans, Czechs, and Jews. When she was a small child, her family relocated to Hawaii.
Who is Callies married to? – Husband
Josh Winterhalt, an American martial artist and instructor, has been married to Callies since 21 July 2002. During their studies at Dartmouth College, the pair met and started dating soon after. They got married after dating for a while.
Callies Children – Kids
Sarah Wayne is the mother of two children, who she shares with her husband. In 2007, they welcomed their first child, a daughter named Keala Winterhalt. Oakes Wayne, an adopted son born in 2013, is the couple’s second child.
What is Sarah Wayne Salary?
She is paid an estimated salary of $515,000 per year.
Sarah Wayne Net Worth
She receives a predicted net worth of $3 million.
Wayne Callies Acting Career
Callies relocated to New York in 2003 to pursue her acting career after growing up in Hawaii. Fortunately, she got her first break as Kate O’Malley in the CBS drama “Queens Supreme.” Detective Jane Porter, her first major role, was in the film Tarzan.
Callies has also been on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, NUMB3RS, and Dragnet, among other shows.
In Prison Break
Callies was the first person the producers saw for the role of Sara Tancredi during the cast auditions for Fox’s Prison Break series. She was cast in the lead role and went on to become the series’ first main cast member.
She debuted in seasons 1 and 2, followed by seasons 4 and 5. She pretended to be the Governor’s daughter and the Fox River prison doctor, Frank Tancredi. Her character develops feelings for Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) as the series unfolds, and she helps him escape from prison and joins him on the run.
In The Walking Dead
In 2010, Callies auditioned and was cast as Lori Grimes in the AMC horror series “The Walking Dead.” From the first season to the third, she portrayed her character.
Sarah Wayne Movies
- 2006 – The Celestine Prophecy as Marjorie
- 2007 – Whisper as Roxanne
- 2008 – Bittersweet as Robyn
- 2010 – Lullaby for Pi as Josephine
- 2011 – Foreverland as Fran
- 2011 – Faces in the Crowd as Francine
- 2011 – Black Gold as Kate Summers
- 2012 – Black November Kate Summers
- 2014 – Into the Storm as Allison Stone
- 2015 – Pay the Ghost as Kristen
- 2017 – The Show as Karina
Sarah Wayne TV Shows
- 2005 – Numbers as Kim Hall
- 2007 – Queens Supreme as Kate O’Malley
- 2009 – Prison Break: The Final Break as Sara Tancredi
- 2010–2013; 2018 – The Walking Dead as Lori Grimes in seasons 1 to 3
- 2010 – Tangled as Chloe/Sally
- 2010 – House as Julia in the episode: “Open and Shut”
- 2016–2018 – Colony as Katie Bowman
- 2017 – Robot Chicken as the voice of Lori Grimes
- 2017 – The Long Road Home as Leann Volesky
- 2018- 2021 – Letterkenny as Anita Dyck
- 2019 – Unspeakable as Margaret Sanders
- 2020 – Council of Dads as Robin Perry